Construction leaders actively use digital technologies to boost productivity, leverage workforce management, and raise the bar on safety – more so during the COVID-19 era. On the other hand, there are challenges associated with understanding the role of digital technologies, costs and benefits, and successful implementation.
Digital construction technology is the reality. Most large businesses are already taking advantage of the benefits. What about those who are still on the fence?
In this KHL Webinar, “The Digital Transformation of Construction”, industry leaders from McKinsey & Company, Skanska, and the Association of Equipment Manufacturers discussed a range of topics including:
- The role of technology in post-coronavirus construction
- The shorter and longer-term merits of currently available technology
- Assessing the return on investment of various digital solutions
- How technology can overcome today’s critical skills shortages, as well as provide assistance with help and safety measures
- 49% of non-users of digital tools claim BIMs are too expensive to acquire and too difficult to implement.
- BIMs work well on the front end of a project (planning, scheduling, and resource allocation) but are difficult to use at the worksite
- Digital technologies are available. One of the big challenges is worksite implementation.
- There is a dearth of digital tool options available for worksite productivity, aside from a few new entrants.
- Workforce management tech leverages limited staffing resources, allowing workers to be “virtually present” at many worksites from home or office.
Contact IntelliSpeX today for a demonstration of an easy to implement worksite productivity and workforce management tool that has been field validated at more than 5,000 worksites in the United States. IntelliSpeX is a patent-pending, SaaS and mobile app worksite / workforce productivity tool available on both iOS and Android platforms.
IntelliSpeX provides a SaaS and mobile app solution that is field-validated with over 5,000 site visits in the United States and Puerto Rico. IntelliSpeX users cite benefits including ease of use for personnel regardless of technology background, rapid familiarization and deployment cycle, efficient data capture, and total cost of ownership. These benefits result in better safety and security, improved management visibility and collaboration, and meaningful gains in waste reduction. Remarkable outcomes are achieved via reduced times to process change orders and information requests.
IntelliSpeX is a Delaware corporation founded in 2015. The company provides patent-pending productivity technology to support the construction and disaster recovery industries.